We will be regularly posting recipes curated by Venos Specialty Foods and Meat that feature our brews. Click here to visit the Venos Specialty Foods and Meat website.
First Tracks Poached Shrimp
In a large pot over medium-heat, bring the 2 cans of Tuckerman First Tracks IPA, one lemon sliced, 2 bay leaves broken and 1 tablespoon of peppercorns to a boil for 5 minutes, reduce heat to low.
Add 2 lbs thawed shrimp to the pot and cover. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat. Let shrimp rest in cooking liquid for 5 to 10 minutes. Add ice to stop the cooking process, Drain shrimp and do not rinse, discard cooking liquid.
While shrimp is cooking you can make a glaze with First Tracks as well
- 0-12 Beer
- 0-5 Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Sriracha or tablespoon if you like it spicier
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Mix beer, honey, sugar in a pot over a medium heat, bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 15 mins stirring the glaze until the liquid has reduced and thickened.
- Add garlic and cornstarch whisking into the beer glaze
Bring to the boil and keep stirring until the glaze is nice and thick, toss all 2 pounds or serve on the side to dip it.